How to Recover Deleted Photos, Videos from Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5/S6/S7
It often happens, you may accidentally deleted precious photos, videos or other medial files from your Samsung Galaxy device, or formatted its media storage. Whatever the case, those files are not completely erased from your device’s memory. In fact, the system only locate the place where the deleted photos stored and marked it as a blank area for new photos. Just stop using your Samsung phone or tablet to take new photos to avoid data overwriting. And then follow the methods below to recover photos, videos from Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge/S6/S6 Edge, S5, S4, S3, Note 4, Note 3, or any other Samsung device.
Method 1: Recover Samsung Photos and Videos from Backup
Option 1: From Auto Backup
Samsung allows users to automatically backup all your photos and videos right as you take them. If you are in the habit of backing up your device, go through your Google+ and Photo Apps when losing important photos and videos. Then click on the backup file and select Restore to get them back.
Option 2: Via Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch works as a great phone suite for Samsung devices, with which you can back up important content from your device – including photos, videos, and more – on your computer. So you can easily recover your photos and videos if you accidentally deleted them from your device.
1. Run Smart Switch on your Mac and connect your Samsung device to the computer via USB cable.
2. Switch to the “Restore” option, and select Photos and Videos you want to get back.
3. Hit “Restore now” to start recovering. When completed, you can check photos and videos on your Samsung phone.
Method 2: Recover Photos and Videos from Samsung without Backup
If there’s no backup available, you can get a reliable photo recovery tool to help you. Here we recommend Samsung Photo Recovery Mac, the best application that recover pictures, videos deleted from Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5/S6/S6 Edge/S7/S7 Edge//Note 3/Note 4, etc.
Steps to recover deleted photos, videos from Samsung Galaxy on Mac:
1. Download Samsung Photo/Video Recovery Mac and install it on your Mac computer.
2. Use USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, S5, or Note 4 to the computer and run the program.
3. Select “Photo, Video, Audio” from the main screen and click “Next, then the Samsung device will be detected by the software.
4. After that, click “ Start” to scan the connected Samsung device for deleted photos and videos.
5. When the scan completed, you can preview the recoverable photos and videos. Mark those you want to get back and click “Recover”.